28.4.11

Pink Floyd - The Wall (1982)



The Wall é um filme musical baseado no álbum homônimo de 1979  que mistura live action, música e animação. O roteiro gira em torno da vida de um astro da música e como vários acontecimentos o moldaram. The Wall é pura arte em movimento e apresenta fortes críticas sociais e políticas, onde simbolismo e metáforas abundam.

O roteiro foi escrito pelo vocalista e baixista da banda, Roger Waters, que durante um show em 1977, observando o mar de jovens ocos e fanáticos mimicando seus atos, se deu conta de que aquela apresentação não possuía o significado que acreditava ter.

Gerald Scarfe e sua Gibson exclusiva.


The Wall fala da guerra, de lembranças, de faltas, de opressões e proteções sofridas, de relacionamentos, da dificuldade de se adequar, da massa unificadora e da perda de identidade, fala de drogas, de alienação, de controle. E é direcionado pelas composições musicais feitas para o álbum, com poucos diálogos.

 As animações são as sequências de destaque da obra e sua criação é do cartunista Gerald Scarfe, artista gráfico britânico conhecido por suas críticas e traço adorável, caracterizado por linhas exageradas, orgânicas e grotescas.




A história do protagonista da trama, o astro de rock Pink, reúne fatos autobiográficos de Roger, como a perda de seu pai na 2GM, a consequente super-proteção da mãe e as reflexões que teve no palco, movendo uma juventude alienada. Combinado com esses fatos, está a história de Syd Barrett, um dos fundadores do grupo, vocalista, guitarrista e compositor que acabou por afundar-se completamente, tornando-se uma pessoa inacessível. Há duas cenas que remetem aos atos de Syd, interpretadas por Pink. Certa vez, antes de entrar em palco, Syd misturou uma caixa de tranquilizantes triturados com creme para o cabelo e passou na cabeça dando a impressão de estar literalmente derretendo (trecho da transformação no ditador). Outra vez, quis tirar todos seus pêlos (foto abaixo).

Bob Geldorf surtando como Pink
Durante a gravação do álbum, em 1979, a banda já possuía a intenção de transformar The Wall em um filme, e Roger Waters atuaria como o protagonista.

O músico e humanista Bob Geldof conhecido por sua banda Boomtown Rats e mais recentemente na sua participação em eventos filantropos de música e indicação ao Nobel da Paz foi o escolhido para estrelar o filme.


O longa foi dirigido por Alan Parker, conhecido por outros filmes ótimos como "Mississippi em Chamas" e "A Vida de David Gale".

Assista as animações selecionadas de The Wall - é  fascinante como Scarfe utiliza simbologia e faz as transições das cenas. Pura poesia visual.

Goodbye Blue Sky (Adeus Céu Azul) 



Letra:

Did you see the frightened ones
Did you hear the falling bombs
Did you ever wonder
Why we had to run for shelter
When the promise of a brave new world
Unfurled beneath a clear blue sky
Did you see the frightened ones
Did you hear the falling bombs
The flames are all long gone
But the pain lingers on
Goodbye blue sky

Empty Spaces ( Lugares Vazios ) e What Shall We Do Now? ( O que Devemos Fazer Agora? )



Letras:

Empty Spaces

What shall we use to fill the empty
Spaces where we used to talk
How shall I fill the final places
How shall I complete the wall
__

What Shall We Do Now?

What shall we do to fill the empty spaces?
Where waves of hunger roar
Shall we set out across the sea of faces?
In search of more and more applause
Shall we buy a new guitar?
Shall we drive a more powerful car?
Shall we work straight through the night?
Shall we get into fights?
Leave the lights on
Drop bombs
Do tours of the east
Contract diseases
Bury bones
Break up homes
Send flowers by phone
Take to drink
Go to shrinks
Give up meat
Rarely sleep
Keep people as pets
Train dogs
Race rats
Fill the attic with cash
Bury treasure
Store up leisure
But never relax at all
With our backs to the wall

Waiting for the worms ( Esperando pelos Vermes )




Letra:

Ooooh you cannot reach me now
Ooooh no matter how you try
Goodbye cruel world it's over
Walk on by
Sitting in a bunker here behind my wall
Waiting for the worms to come
In perfect isolation here behind my wall
Waiting for the worms to come
Waiting to cut out the deadwood
Waiting to clean up the city
Waiting to follow the worms
Waiting to put on a black shirt
Waiting to weed out the weaklings
Waiting to smash in their windows
And kick in their doors
Waiting for the final solution
To strengthen the strain
Waiting to follow the worms
Waiting to turn on the showers
And fire the ovens
Waiting for the queers and the coons
And the reds and the Jews
Waiting to follow the worms
Would you like to see Britannia
Rule again my friend
All you have to do is follow the worms
Would you like to send our coloured cousins
Home again my friend
All you need to do is follow the worms.

The Trial ( O Julgamento )




Letra:

Good morning, Worm your honor.
The crown will plainly show
The prisoner who now stands before you
Was caught red-handed showing feelings
Showing feelings of an almost human nature;
This will not do.
Call the schoolmaster!
I always said he'd come to no good
In the end your honor.
If they'd let me have my way I could
Have flayed him into shape.
But my hands were tied,
The bleeding hearts and artists
Let him get away with murder.
Let me hammer him today?
Crazy,
Toys in the attic I am crazy,
Truly gone fishing.
They must have taken my marbles away.
Crazy, toys in the attic he is crazy.
You little shit you're in it now,
I hope they throw away the key.
You should have talked to me more often
Than you did, but no! You had to go
Your own way, have you broken any
Homes up lately?
Just five minutes, Worm your honor,
Him and Me, alone.
Baaaaaaaaaabe!
Come to mother baby, let me hold you
In my arms.
M'lud I never wanted him to
Get in any trouble.
Why'd he ever have to leave me?
Worm, your honor, let me take him home.
Crazy,
Over the rainbow, I am crazy,
Bars in the window.
There must have been a door there in the wall
When I came in.
Crazy, over the rainbow, he is crazy.
The evidence before the court is
Incontrivertable, there's no need for
The jury to retire.
In all my years of judging
I have never heard before
Of someone more deserving
Of the full penaltie of law.
The way you made them suffer,
Your exquisite wife and mother,
Fills me with the urge to defecate!
"Hey Judge! Shit on him!"
Since, my friend, you have revealed your
Deepest fear,
I sentence you to be exposed before
Your peers.
Tear down the wall!

Vera/Comfortably Numb - fã vídeo com cenas de concept art criados por Gerald Scarfe.



Letras:

Vera

Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn
Remember how she said that
We would meet again
Some sunny day
Vera! Vera!
What has become of you
Does anybody else in here
Feel the way I do ?

__

Comfortably Numb

Hello,
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me
Is there anyone at home?

Come on now
I hear you're feeling down
Well, I can ease your pain
And get you on your feet again

Relax
I'll need some information first
Just the basic facts
Can you show me where it hurts

There is no pain, you are receding
A distant ship's smoke on the horizon
You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying
When I was a child I had a fever
My hands felt just like two balloons

Now I've got that feeling once again
I can't explain, you would not understand
This is not how I am
I have become comfortably numb

I have become comfortably numb

O.K.
Just a little pin prick
There'll be no more...aaaaaaaah!
But you might feel a little sick
Can you stand up?
I do belive it's working, good
That'll keep you going, through the show
Come on it's time to go.

There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship's smoke on the horizon
You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move, but I can't hear what you're saying
When I was a child
I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
And I have become
Comfortably numb.


Roger Waters não gostou do resultado do filme, definindo as filmagens como "uma experiência enervante e desagradável".
Gerald Scarfe, por sua vez, descreveu as filmagens como "uma das experiências mais miseráveis da minha vida".

O filme ainda possui grande relevância crítica considerando que  a sociedade não teve grandes mudanças em sua estrutura. A vida humana continua a ser padronizada e categorizada, a alienação continua mais forte do que nunca, grupos e religiões de ódio mantém a continuidade de seus dogmas enquanto governos e instituições educacionais manipulam e criam robôs corporativos.

Mais de Pink Floyd aqui.

Mais de Gerald Scarfe aqui.


Postado por Andressa Yamashita

Curta nosso FACEBOOK e siga-nos no TWITTER para acompanhar os posts diários de DEOOS
.

Nenhum comentário: